The purpose of Emmanuel Baptist Church is the simple application of our church name. Matthew 1:23 says, “… and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
We desire God to be with us as individuals – His Spirit, presense, joy, love, comfort, guidance, etc. We also desire God to be with us as a church – as we assemble together, we passionately desire God to be welcomed, evident and manifested. Of course, we want God to be with others too (Romans 15:33, Philippians 4:23) which is why we continually endeavor to share our faith!
We have built our whole purpose and vision as a ministry around this simple idea!
Emmanuel: God in us by salvation, with us by devotion and through us by the Great Commission.
God in us! (Salvation – Ephesians 3:17)
- By Grace through Faith – Ephesians 2:18
- Embracing God
God with us! (Devotion – John 15:4)
- Through Adult Bible Classes – Matthew 28:20
- Through Children’s Sunday School Classes – II Timothy 3:15
- Through the Discipleship Program – II Timothy 2:2
- Through Public Preaching Services – I Cor 1:18
- Experiencing Grace
God through us! (Commission – Matt 28:19-20)
- Through Various Church Ministries – I Peter 4:10
- Through Various Community Outreach
- Through Weekly Soulwinning Efforts
- Through Worldwide Missions Support and Trips
- Engaging the Gospel
Come experience Emmanuel Baptist Church for yourself!